Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Life's like this

Its that time of the year again- Examtime!!! I've just finished submitting two assignments and already we have two more to hand over in the next week or so, exams are starting in a month and I still haven't started studying...man! am I in a fix. To top it all for some reason I happen to be in a very sentimental mood and keep thinking of love and when its going to happen to me and stuff. Ok enough already!!! I hate this. Why can't I just stop thinking about all this?
Anyway all that apart, another rape has occurred in delhi. I just saw the news where a woman was raped inside the Delhi Secretariat. I don't know all the details but the scary part about the whole thing is that all this doesn't shock anyone anymore. Rapes have become a part of the life here. Who knows if they will even manage to catch the culprit because in most (in fact, almost all) cases the culprits are still at large. What is the use of having police patrolling the roads if they don't do anything? Half the police vans are parked near little dhabas with the policemen nicely sipping tea inside. I think the traffic cops are the only ones who work overtime trying to book people for rash driving- even when they are diligently following traffic rules.
Its not just the traffic, the corruption in the justice system is so widespread that even if you shoot a person in front of 200 odd people you are still acquited. I mean how warped is this system?? I just goes to show that if you have political clout you can get away with anything. Not only that, with the bad record the police have of capturing rapists, future offenders are definitely going to have their work cut out for them.

2 Comments:

At 11:04 am , Blogger Books inc said...

You said it girl. Only when really strict measures are implemented for rapists and wannabe rapists will it stop. And yes, desensitization is terrible, but that's what is happening with everything these days. You read about a rape, a murder a random crime and you're like, "Oh! Another one? Okay!"

People need to learn to respect each other more. Only then will things really change, me is thinking...

 
At 1:37 am , Blogger Aruni Kashyap said...

Love?Hey whats up with you?????

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home